Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 13: Pilates with Naomi

Cost: Free
Difficulty: 3
Time: 1 hour

My friend Naomi Brown is training to be a pilates instructor and offered to give me a lesson. I've never done yoga or pilates, so naturally I said yes.

I met her and her husband Chris for brunch, then returned to their place. After a half-hour period of digestion while watching MTV's The State, we got started.

Pilates is not a high-activity form of exercise; it focuses on stretching and exercising your core muscles with minimal movements. Some of the exercises were easy, others required moving fatigued muscles while balancing and were much harder.

It looks like I'm just lying down, but I'm actually doing something moderately difficult. I think this was called "banana lifts."

No comments:

Post a Comment